Trinity Theological College exists to serve God’s purpose of bringing all nations under the saving rule of his Son through the proclamation of the gospel.
Preparing people for effective Christian service
What is “effective Christian service”?
Serving people in a way that serves God—a ministry that is both God-centred and people-centred
- Communicating God’s Word accurately, clearly and appropriately
- Modelling and promoting maturity in Christ
- Thinking wisely and boldly for God’s kingdom, and living in true faith, hope, and love
- Placing the Lord Jesus as our focus and the Word of God as our basis in all things
What kind of “preparing” is needed for this ministry?
One that encourages:
- Integration (head, heart, hands)
- Bringing understanding, devotion, and practice together
- Shaping a ministry to fit its context
- Frameworks (maps, knowing where things “fit”)
- Integrated overview of the Bible and its message, of Christian thought, and of ministry
- Development (growing and multiplying)
- Keep digging into and applying the Word of God to all of life and through all of life
- Keep relating with and serving with the “others” that God has given us and equipping them to dig into and apply the Word of God to all of life and through all of life